INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.gotcapital.co.uk (our site) or when corresponding with us or one of our partners or introducers by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
When you enter into a contract with us we may collect and process the following data about you:
- the details of your application to us in respect of, and for, the contract, or any transaction under it, or any entry, account or other information held by us in your or any guarantor’s name (which may include personal information about your directors, officers, members, financial associates or other individuals).
- We may monitor and/or record telephone calls.
USE MADE OF THE INFORMATION
The information provided will be used to further your finance proposal. The personal information we have collected for you will be used to conduct credit reference checks by Got Capital Ltd. and its lenders. It will also be shared with fraud prevention agencies, who will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected you may be refused certain services, finance or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us/our lenders, and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights can be found here:
Cifas – www.cifas.org.uk/FPN
CRAIN – www.equifax.co.uk/crain
We also use information held about you in the following ways:
- to consider your application for a contract with us, including enquiring with (or where appropriate, searching at) vendors, suppliers, landlords/ mortgagors, credit reference agencies, card transaction processors, banks and creditors about you, your directors and officers, or members, any Guarantor or other individual, or any of your or your Guarantor’s financial associates for the purposes of taking credit decisions and assessing financial risks;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to monitor their operation and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to keep you informed of any special offers or promotions that we believe might be of particular interest to you (if you have consented to receiving such information);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to confirm identification when you contact us;
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable;
- for credit fraud prevention and preventing and detecting crime (including money laundering), as above;
- to review the conduct of and to administer/operate your accounts;
- for statistical analysis, including automated techniques;
- for record-keeping purposes;
- for market research;
- for training purposes;
- to track activity on our website;
- to improve and monitor our customer service to you;
- for the prevention of crime and fraud.
We will retain information about our contracts with our customers for 6 years after the contract has ended.
Our legal bases for processing any personal data included in the information we hold about you are:
- taking steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you;
- performance of the contract to provide services as instructed by you;
- our legitimate interests in confirming our customers will be able to pay for our services;
- our legitimate interests in ensuring client satisfaction and improving our web site and services;
- our legitimate interests in protecting ourselves against potential future claims;
- compliance with our legal obligations to prevent crime and money laundering;
- your consent to receiving information about our other services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Credit reference agencies, as above (who may make records of searches and enquiries which may be used by others for lending, credit or purchasing decisions about You or any individual) for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- any third party financial organisations involved in the business of making loans or advancing credit and/or other all providers of royalty-based investment services;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you or we have received from third parties will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. We and fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Got Capital Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Got Capital Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, as above.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to provide you with the products and services you require.
Some of these countries may not have laws that protect privacy rights as extensively as in the European Union. If we do transfer your personal information to other territories, we will take proper steps to ensure that your information is properly protected.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to object to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling. We do not carry out automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (see DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION above) in the processing of your personal data. If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with us (contact email@example.com or directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office as our supervisory authority (see ico.org.uk/concerns).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will obtain your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.